Thinkpad Android Tablet blow out

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 5 14:05:30 UTC 2012

On 04/05/2012 12:50 AM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> Scott Sullivan showed me his Thinkpad Android Tablet after a recent
> TLUG meeting.  It is a 10" iPad-like Android tablet.  But there are
> some interesting things about it
[...]
> - I don't know what useful software exploits the stylus well.  If you
>    want to draw, this is probably wonderful.  If you want to cursively
>    enter text (I do), I think that there is no reliable software.  But
>    I could be wrong.
>
> - The most sought-after stylus-expoiting software is Microsoft OneNote
>    but I think that the non-Window versions are not as useful.
>    <http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-slate-tablets/Microsoft-Onenote-now-available-on-the-Android-Market/td-p/673459>
>
> Scott: any thoughts?  Can you tell us how you like and use the stylus
> (I know you showed me)?

There are many applications that exploit the stylus, Levono is actually
maintaining an App Store specifically for this device.

My current favourite is Quill [1] (which I recently had a bug fixed for
this device).

The pen is pressure sensitive and reasonably responsive with accuracy I
haven't seen on capacitive only device.

The hardware buttons are also nice to have, including one to inhibit
rotation which I really really like having.

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/android-quill/

--
Scott Sullivan