Geeks and health (was: GTALUG Meeting on 13th September, 2011 at 7:30pm)

Jason A. Spiro jasonspiro4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 21:17:36 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Myles Braithwaite
<me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org> wrote:
[snip]
> * Why sitting for extended periods of time is killing you slowly.
> * The relationship between stress, diet, sleep cycles and belly fat.
> * How to start and more importantly, stay on a fitness regimen.
> * The best fitness regimen.
> * What metrics are important?
> * Why now is better than later. The longer you delay, the harder it is
> to reverse the damage you've already caused to your body. What is that
> damage?
> * How to stay motivated.
[snip]

I unfortunately missed Clifford's talk about geeks and health.  I did
a web search for related information.  I found a little bit, including
http://www.pcworld.com/article/188211/health_tips_for_geeks.html and
http://boagworld.com/reviews/health/.

But those sites didn't cover as wide a range of topics as it seems
Clifford did.  Does anyone have a video, a recording, or slides of
Clifford's talk?

Please CC me if your reply.

Thanks in advance,
--
Jason Spiro: software/web developer, packager, trainer, IT consultant.
I support Linux, UNIX, Windows, and more. Contact me to discuss your needs.