Using VPN at UoT with Network Manager?

Anthony de Boer adb-SACILpcuo74 at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 12 00:13:40 UTC 2011

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> If they would instead say: Here is how to configure openvpn for use with
> uoft's vpn that would be useful.  But all that seems hidden away in
> their awful script.

Awhile back I was at a gig that had a .doc file loosely describing the
steps they wanted taken after each new Linux install, and I made a point
that the document would be much more precise and better-tested and take
less time if it was a plain text file starting with #!/bin/sh.

Since they're giving you a script and not an executable binary, you
*do* have a text file you can read and find out what's supposed to
be done (under at least a narrow set of common circumstances) to
achieve a working install.

--
Anthony de Boer