Using VPN at UoT with Network Manager?

Alex Volkov avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 8 21:30:45 UTC 2011

Try running vpn from command line. Just type

# openvpn config_file_name

By when running in foreground mode openvpn spits output to console. At that
point it would probably show you the errors you've got -- that being a
missing certificate or invalid command syntax.

Once you fix the obvious errors, openvpn has a number of debug levels in
configuration file add

verbosity = 8
or
debug = 8
I don't remember exactly. Then start decreasing that number until console
error messages start to make sense.

I also suggest to remove compiled source and reinstall from distro
repository.

Sent from my mobile device.