OT: Python Courses

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 6 18:50:33 UTC 2011

On 6 September 2011 13:07, Myles Braithwaite <me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I heard good things about PyCamp Toronto but that usually in June.
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest a good python course?
>>
>> Are community colleges good for these courses or would you suggest
>> something else?

I attended PyCamp this past June.  It's grueling, but quite good.  And
very cheap.  Ironically, it's mostly helped my Java programming at
work because I've done very little Python at home as I intended to.  I
came from Bash and Pascal so I've always thought you should check
input types before you used them, but Python and Java prefer to throw
exceptions and deal with that sort of thing after the fact.  I'd never
got my head around that until PyCamp.  I'd recommend PyCamp if you can
wait until June - but check with Chris Calloway that he'll be coming
back to Toronto.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/