What the heck happend with LibreOffice on Debian Unstable?

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 5 16:59:08 UTC 2011

Update before last one had a bunch of new libreoffice packages, nothing came
up in apt-listbugs so I let it run. However, when I try to run libreoffice I
get:

/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libsofficeapp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

I thought there might have been some mess laying around, so I tried
uninstalling libreoffice from Synaptic, and reinstalling. However, even
trying to remove libreoffice is causing a cascade of changes like removing
gconf2 and installing packages called libextcat and libgraphite. How does it
make sense that removing libreoffice would require _installing_ new
packages? The whole thing is a complete mess. Anyone else seeing this
disaster?

--
Thomas Milne