Mint Debian

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 3 00:17:47 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 07:24 PM, Dave Germiquet wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> Does anyone here use Mint Debian? What are your thoughts..especially
> for those who have used regular debian?

I have used it for about 8 months as my main desktop, has all the
ubuntu/mint love yet rolling update.
I haven't rolled much update yet however, it seems to work fine with the
Dec 2010 release.
Also keeps me away from some of the ubuntu changes going on.
I can not trust doing a rolling update without a complete mirror backup
that I can re-install assuming the worst.

I have mint 10 on my wife's computer, and i don't notice any difference
in that LMDE is more complex or less powerful, yet
LMDE has the benefit, if i choose, to roll it more recent., and that is
the charm of it.
I guess I just don't want to be bothered with a update install or clean
install i.e. ubuntu way.
This reminds me that soon i should in fact roll an update on mine to the
latest and greatest packages , but again i want a perfect backup
and restore scheme in place first. I may even install LMDE on a temp
box, do a a full update, see how it goes.

I think its fast becoming the most popular linux distro.

-tl