Which Linux distro do you use at work?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 28 15:32:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 11:21:25AM -0400, Paul Mora wrote:
> Despite being in a place where Windows 7 is the dominant desktop OS, I run
> Ubuntu 10.04.3 on my work deskop and laptop. I do have a Windows 7 VM
> running under Virtualbox, but it's only for Outlook 2010 and any Word format
> docs that LibreOffice won't open properly. When we had Exchange 2003, I used
> Evolution as the mail client too, and had no M$ on my workstation.
>
> pm
>
> (P.S. Just to comment on Lennart's admission to starting with SLS 1.03. My
> first distribution of Linux was also SLS. Not sure what version, but I
> remember the kernel being 0.96. I downloaded the 30-odd diskettes from a BBS
> using my 2400 baud modem, and installed it on my 486DX50 with 4MB RAM. I can
> honestly say, it was love at first sight, and from there, I only ran Linux.
> )

Yeah it took at while at 2400.  I installed on a DX50 with 8MB ram and
213MB disk.  It was huge (at the time).  I think I gave linux 80MB of
the disk.

To think it was actually feasible to backup the HD contents to a small
stack of floppies, then repartition and reformat the disk and restore
the data in a couple of hours.

--
Len Sorensen