Which Linux distro do you use at work?

Paul Mora paul-HzDep54A8sA at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 28 15:21:25 UTC 2011

Hi.

Despite being in a place where Windows 7 is the dominant desktop OS, I run
Ubuntu 10.04.3 on my work deskop and laptop. I do have a Windows 7 VM
running under Virtualbox, but it's only for Outlook 2010 and any Word format
docs that LibreOffice won't open properly. When we had Exchange 2003, I used
Evolution as the mail client too, and had no M$ on my workstation.

pm

(P.S. Just to comment on Lennart's admission to starting with SLS 1.03. My
first distribution of Linux was also SLS. Not sure what version, but I
remember the kernel being 0.96. I downloaded the 30-odd diskettes from a BBS
using my 2400 baud modem, and installed it on my 486DX50 with 4MB RAM. I can
honestly say, it was love at first sight, and from there, I only ran Linux.
)

--
*Paul Mora*
email: paul-HzDep54A8sA at public.gmane.org