Dennis Ritchie passed away

Alejandro Imass aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 13 21:36:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Alejandro Imass <aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> P.S.: I gather that Toronto born Brian Kernighan is still very much
> alive and working as a computer science professor at Princeton
> University...

You know I still hold a hard cover 2nd edition when C was a _proposed_ ANSI!

It's still one of the best written books in computing I have ever
read. Entertaining and easy to read, short and to the point. Anyone
can learn C with this book!

BTW, now that you brought up quotes and Kernighan, here is one of the
ones I live by every day:

"Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by
definition, not smart enough to debug it." --Brian Kernighan

Best,

--
Alejandro Imass