Kernel version 3 -- did I miss something?

sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org sciguy-Lmt0BfyYGMw at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 10 22:22:44 UTC 2011

Hello

Looks like we've been into kernel version 3 since about May of this year.
And this being the first full version increase in 15 years, I thought I
would have heard of it. I must have been asleep (or extremely busy with
work).

Any impressions as to how good/bad this kernel is? Will it work with my
AMD Athlon dual-core 64 (which by now has been around a few years)? I've
recently been rather unimpressed by my latest Ubuntu and it's wonky
desktop, and have been considering changing distros (probably back to
Debian) for some time. Maybe in the meantime, if it's feasible I'll
compile myself a version 3 kernel. Just like old times. :)

Paul King