OT: Weird Laptop Battery Problem

Alejandro Imass aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 6 04:02:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:11 PM, jim <cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi , wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. My laptop battery
> suddenly died. It wasn't slow and graceful. I'm wondering if there are
> fuses in them typically. It is a relatively new ASUS laptop but beyond
> the warranty. Since there is absolutely no life in it, I suspect it is a

Apparently if you drain the newer Lithium-ion to zero they simply die
and can't even be re-charged. This happened to me with a relatively
new external (and quite expensive) APC battery. The guys at APC said
it was because I left it uncharged for a few hours and it was exactly
what happened! I drained it whilst working on a plane and forgot to
charge it that night. Next day: dead.