OT: Weird Laptop Battery Problem

jim cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 6 03:11:07 UTC 2011

Hi , wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. My laptop battery
suddenly died. It wasn't slow and graceful. I'm wondering if there are
fuses in them typically. It is a relatively new ASUS laptop but beyond
the warranty. Since there is absolutely no life in it, I suspect it is a
fuse . Perhaps it isn't the battery but is internal to the computer as
well. I tried to measure the battery voltage with a meter but may not
have been able to make contact with the proper terminals. What ever
happened to the good ol days when batteries only had two terminals.
There must be 8 or 9 hard to access pins on this battery. Wondering if
anyone has any words of wisdom on this. Do I just buy a new battery and
take a chance or is it worth cracking this one open to look for a fuse?
Thanks,
Jim