Setting up a Small Server Room

Mon Nov 21 17:47:06 UTC 2011

I've been asked to collaborate on a grant proposal which includes a
small server room (1-2 racks, networking, cooling, UPS).  I only know
enough to have an idea of what goes into such a room, and I what I need
is a set of costs.

Can anyone on the list give me ballpark figures (and contact emails if
we get the grant and hire you to implement) for the following:

2-3 high powered web servers
Backup computer(s) and storage (actual data requirements are modest -
under 5 Tb)
Networking, firewalls, etc
Cabling, racks
Cooling
UPS

All of these rounded to the nearest 4 figures.

Thanks!
--

yours,

William