Trying to make a VNC connection from my LG android phone to one of my Linux computers

Charles Philip Chan cpchan-CzeTG9NwML0 at public.gmane.org
Mon Nov 21 17:24:51 UTC 2011

"Clive DaSilva" <cdasilva-q6EoVN9bke6w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I then added AndroidVNC to my Smartphone apps, pointed the phone
> towards the ip address and port in the Ubuntu box 192.168.3.103:5900
> and tried to connect but the connection keeps failing.

I have no problem connecting AndroidVNC to my VNC server. Check the log
file for the display that the VNC server is running on to make sure the
port is correct. For example you will see something like:

,----
| 18/11/2011 07:53:20 Listening for VNC connections on TCP port 5920
`----

Try connecting to it with a local VNC client before trying it remotely.

Also for security reasons you might want to connect through a ssh tunnel
via Connectbot:

http://shujinkou.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-vnc-from-android-phone-to-linux.html

This is how I have mine setup.

Charles

--
"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?"