Graphical bootloader /w mouse support

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 3 15:39:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 10:15:07PM -0400, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> On 11-11-02 14:41 , Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> >
> >Could it be made to use a mouse?  Perhaps, but whyever would you want to?
> >The keyboard is a much faster and more accurate selection device.
>
> Bit ableist there, eh, Lennart?

But it is.  I would also think making an input device to do up/down/select
would be simpler than one that can handle mouse movements.

I still think the main reason it hasn't really been done is that there
are too many mouse protocols and bugs to deal with and boot laoders are
trying to be fairly lean code.  They have limited space to install
in usually.  So wasting precious code space on something that is of no
value what so ever and pretty hard to get to work right in all cases
does seem rather pointless (no pun intended).

--
Len Sorensen