backend

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Tue May 17 17:57:20 UTC 2011

I am just about finished setting up a PC for my in-laws. I happen to notice that "backend" is using up over 90% of the cpu. Checking backend on the man pages tells me that backend has something to do with cups. I haven't set up any printers as yet, haven't even called up cups.

I did, however, set up a Zip drive, which uses the ppa module, but it isn't even connected at the moment. Could it have something to do with the Zip drive? I don't particularly want something using up almost 100% of the cpu when the PC is pretty well idle.

Thanks for any ideas.

John.