Byron Sonne Granted Bail

Digimer linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue May 17 13:49:32 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 09:26 AM, Ivan Avery Frey wrote:
> http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/992148--g20-geek-byron-sonne-granted-bail

Anyone in the Toronto area who would like to show support, please come
to the 361 University Ave. court house tomorrow. The hearing where his
bail conditions will be laid out will begin at 9:30am. I will tweet the
room number as soon as I learn what it is (watch the hashtag #FreeByron).

Byron has spent almost eleven months in a maximum security prison. He's
been charged with extremely serious charges and his life has been turned
upside down and gutted. All of this started because he wasn't willing to
waive his civil rights. The weight of the government came down on him
because he embarrassed the government and their wasteful spending on
security. The same government is using his science hobbies to paint him
as a terrorist.

Those I've spoken to in person know why I say this. When the publication
ban lifts, the government is going to have a lot to answer for. Anyone
who enjoys amateur science and has a political opinion should be very
concerned.

As always, I am happy to back up my assertions in person for those in
the community who are interested.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin:  http://nodeassassin.org
"I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries."