Anyone tried Bell's Fibe TV?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri May 13 18:22:41 UTC 2011

| From: Ivan Avery Frey <ivan.avery.frey-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

| I think it's offered in my area. But I've personally decided not to purchase
| this service because it requires Bell Internet. And I don't want to leave
| Teksavvy at this time.

Fibe is a brand name for I don't know exactly what actual service.

It certainly includes FTTN (or in limited locations, FTTH).  This
makes the last mile faster than pure copper.

If Bell offers FTTN to you, the CRTC has ruled that the 3rd party ISPs
must be allowed to do so too.  I don't know
1) whether Bell has complied with this ruling
2) Teksavvy is willing to offer it to you

I seem to remember that the CRTC ruling allowed Bell to charge Teksavy
10% more for FTTN service.