Wither TeX? (was Re:Last typewriter factory in the world shuts its doors)

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri May 13 00:36:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 12:19:24 -0400 (EDT)
"D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> This is a war.  The original HTML carefully left presentation to the
> browser.  Most subsequent changes were to allow the creator to claw
> back control.

Hugh,

   Here is an article on my website written in LaTeX, and processed using latex2html.

   http://home.eol.ca/~hgibson/tolerances

   I have never figured out how to wrap text around graphics in LaTeX.  Note how the presentation is readable by just about any browser that can handle graphics.  Without my graphics, it is readable by Lynx, which is the lowest common denominator of browsers, as far as I know.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org