new cpu upgrade

aaron d instantkamera-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed May 11 12:12:42 UTC 2011

Hate to tell you, but depending on how old your old Athlon 64 X2 is, you are
_probably_ SOL. Phenom II requires AM2+ or AM3 mobo. However, the bulk of
Athlons 64 were on AM2 and 939. Even if you have an AM2+ board, you had
better keep the old CPU around long enough to update, if you havent updated
recently.

aaron