[OT] Linda McQuaig on Bill Gates

Timothy Hildred timhildred-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 23 03:20:27 UTC 2011

So many of the complaints sound like jealousy to me. As if it were
surprising that billionaires didn't all show up with a sack of potatoes and
a shoe lace to build their fortunes.

Many, probably most rich people started out rich. North America is a class
based society, plain and simple. The sooner everybody stops buying into the
myth of a classless society of innovative entrepreneurs changing the course
of history based on ingenuity and elbow grease, the sooner we will recognize
our common position.

A bit of a tangent, but its this myth that leads people to elect officials
with policies that are actually bad for them.