SATA problem

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 22 19:54:26 UTC 2011

----- Original Message ----

GNU/Linux
> Perhaps I need to update to a  rather newer kernel...

I have
<http://canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=19_252_254&item_id=029206>
which is 2 items down from what you bought.  It's PCI-Ex1 Silicon Image 3132,
and I have no problem with it under Linux.  But, Windows 7 doesn't recognize it,
so I have to load its driver from USB key.

Yours is PCI.  Probably, no developer has such card, so no drivers. :-)  Maybe
it's just matter of adding vendor/device ID to the source and re-compile.  Try
another card with Silicon Image chipset.
--
William