Anyone interested in an Ubuntu Hour?

Sadiq Saif sadiq-KzRxrKfdH+/c+919tysfdA at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 15 17:06:30 UTC 2011

Hey Hugh,

To address some of your reactions:

*"- why Ubuntu and not Linux and FLOSS in general?"
*
*
*
As I understand it, the name "Ubuntu Hour" is just a marketing/promotion
tool as you suggested picked by the Ubuntu Community. The content of these
"Ubuntu Hours" are not defined in the wiki articles.*
*

*"are there lessons about promotion to be learned from Ubuntu Hours?"*
*
*
I am not sure, Ubuntu Hours are a fairly new thing as I see from the Ubuntu
wiki. *
*

*"- Apple has been the most successful in promotion. Is Ubuntu hoping
 to copy some of the Apple enthusiasm?"*
*
*
That would be the best result the Ubuntu community is hoping for, I guess.*
*
*
*
*"... so why hold this in Alio Lounge which (I would guess) is much less
 supportive of our communities?"*

I am not organizing this event, it's organized by Michael
Kaulbach<https://launchpad.net/~mystic-scientist>.
I do not know as to why he chose this venue.

*"Fedora has held release parties at the Linux Caffe. I would hope that
this isn't a reason against."*
*
*
Of course not.*
*

*"Perhaps the Caffe is too small -- how big is a Ubuntu release party
likely to get?"
*
So far seven people are registered for the event, hopefully more will soon
register.

--
Sadiq S
http://asininetech.com