Gnome documentation hackers in Toronto this week

Jim Campbell jwcampbell-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 15 03:28:21 UTC 2011

Hi Marcelo,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM, Marcelo Cavalcante <kalibslack-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> That's cool.
>
> Well, I'm not a gnome user and also I'm not from Toronto. I'm a KDE
> contributor on KDE-BR, meaning I'm from Brazil and I'm living in Brazil
> right now.
>
> Even lliving in here, would be possible to help this team or just wishing
> luck? Even not using gnome as my primary platform, I encourage the project
> and I am anxious to see the changes on this 3.0 version.
>
> Despite not living in Toronto right now, can I help this regard? I mean,
> the job will only be face to face?
>
> Anyway, wish you guys luck.

Thanks! As far as being able to contribute from Brazil (!), I would
recommend grabbing the sources from git.gnome.org [0]. I think the best
thing would be to submit patches / merge requests through the gnome-docs
mailing list [1].  We will also be available in the #docs IRC channel on the
irc.gnome.org network. (We have 8 people who will be in Toronto for the
hackfest.)

Of course, these participation options are available for people in Toronto,
too.  I know it's short notice, but just thought that I would make some
contact in case any of the Toronto residents would be interested in meeting
up / contributing in person, too.

Thanks very much,

Jim

[0] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-user-docs/