Software for streaming music from media server

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 7 14:03:58 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 11-03-05 11:15 , Thomas Milne wrote:
>>
>> I'm curious what other people use to stream music to their PC?
>
> Rhythmbox picks up my DAAP share nicely. As does iTunes, and the couple
> of Roku Soundbridges I have about the house.

Ha, you know in desperation I just opened up a file browser in the
music directory of the MyBook and clicked on a song. The Gnome default
video player opened up, and it lets me drag and drop songs to the
playlist and so on, so that works pretty good, good enough for me
anyhow.

> I run firefly (formerly mt-daapd). It's serving a library of just shy of
> 30,000 tracks from a Sheevaplug with an external drive. I suspect the WD
> My Book World has a branded version of firefly as its music server.

MyBook uses Twonky, not sure if that was based on Firefly, though
they're probably all much the same under the logo.

--
TBM