Software for streaming music from media server

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 7 13:25:22 UTC 2011

On 11-03-05 11:15 , Thomas Milne wrote:

> I'm curious what other people use to stream music to their PC?

Rhythmbox picks up my DAAP share nicely. As does iTunes, and the couple
of Roku Soundbridges I have about the house.

I run firefly (formerly mt-daapd). It's serving a library of just shy of
30,000 tracks from a Sheevaplug with an external drive. I suspect the WD
My Book World has a branded version of firefly as its music server.

 Stewart