Looking for Speakers or Topics

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 15 22:13:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Alex Volkov <avolkov-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm kicking around an idea of doing a talk on virtualization while I still
> remember anything about it. I'm not planning to go particularly in-depth
> just an overview of working with XEN,KVM and a little about virtualbox.
>
> Also go over a bit about relevant technologies -- Brctrl lvm, and maybe
> freebsd jails, chrooted processes for extra credit.
>
> Would anyone be interested in that?

We have had some talks on this in the past, so that people have
expressed a degree of anti-interest.

http://gtalug.org/wiki/Meetings:2007-03
http://gtalug.org/wiki/Meetings:2008-04

A lot of VMWare folk are based in Burlington, so we've had quite a bit
of coverage as consequence.

It has been ~3 years since there was last a talk on this, so I'm sure
it's possible to say something useful.  The "beware" is that a lot of
things may have been said before.

Something I'm pretty sure would not be terribly well received is a
missive on what commands to use to set up the cluster.  "Why?" is much
more interesting than "How?"