Wireless routers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 7 12:15:31 UTC 2011

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I use a stock Linksys WRT400N as a wireless router for my household.  I want to
> use it as a wireless access point, but it causes my wired network to
> get into a bad state.  I think.  I haven't had time to debug that.

While most routers can be configured to act as an access point, there
are some that are designed for the task.  I have an ASUS WL-330gE
portable access point and there's also the D-Link DAP-1350 pocket router
and access point.  Both are available at Canada Computers.  Both have
multiple configurations, but the ASUS has more modes and the D-Link does
802.11N