HDMI out to TV, no sound

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 6 02:15:51 UTC 2011

I may have understood or explained it poorly, I think the 'bug' is that the
BIOS doesn't have support for a feature that Flash and Nvidia need to work
together. One person mentioned 'stepping', but I haven't had time to really
read up on it yet. In any case, I have a brand new Nvidia card slotted in a
6 year old motherboard, so I'm comfortable with the assumption that my
motherboard might need updating :)

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Anthony de Boer <adb-SACILpcuo74 at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> > A BIOS update to fix a Flash bug is a bit strange.  Perhaps it is
> > actually a BIOS bug that manifests itself when running Flash.
>
> I'd almost be inclined to put a fiver on it being a Flash bug that
> gets exposed in a particular perfectly legitimate BIOS mode, so the
> "bug fix" is to disable the mode.
>
> But then, I've been burned by a few other "too big to care" vendors
> and had to come up with creative workarounds for their mistakes.
>
> --
> Anthony de Boer

Thomas Milne