Open Office licensing

Kyle Winkler kylewinkler-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 3 02:15:40 UTC 2011

 I don't think this really matters.  The non-Oracle employed community,
along with all the Linux distros, are moving to Libreoffice.  OpenOffice
simply wasn't getting where it needed to go fast enough.  We'll see if
LibreOffice can fix this.

If the Document Foundation people really want Oracle's new Apache-Licensed
contributions, they could try to move to the GPLv3, which Apache is
compatable with.  It would be difficult to do that with so many copyright
holders, but it might work of the code is compelling enough.