Computer repair/assembly in Etobicoke?

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 1 17:25:46 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 11:19:22AM -0400, Thomas Milne wrote:
> > I usually went to this guy down on Lakeshore for hardware stuff that I
> could
> > not handle myself. Now they are 'web only'. Wonderful.
> >
> > Anyone know a place in Etobicoke that is good for this stuff?
> >
> > Alternatively, can someone show me how to install a motherboard?
>
> http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/assemble3.php
>
> Seems well written.

It is very well-written. I understand the process logically, but there a
couple of things that the motherboard manual does not explain that are
completely opaque to me. For one, the case has these wires that connect to
the motherboard for the power switch and for audio, and I cannot figure out
where they are supposed to go. The other thing is that I might even be doing
something wrong from the get-go. I want to try a motherboard I've had lying
around for a few years, an Asus M2V. I can't even tell if this board will
work with this case...

--
Thomas Milne