Somethings Up with my Evolution Install ??

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 1 12:23:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 4:13 AM, jim <cinetron-uEvt2TsIf2EsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> > Wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Lately in Evolution I have been
> > getting corrupted attachments. Also I have seen strange strings appear
> > in emails ie.  000727b4-0010t . As well I have seen the content of
> > emails disappearing after I look at it and go back to it? This is very
> > strange. I only noticed it after updating to Ubuntu 11.04 but that may
> > be a coincidence. Any thoughts as to what is going on with my Evolution
> > install? Thanks .
> > Jim
> I'm still looking for a solution to this. Today I opened a pdf
> attachment I received, then closed it. Next time I went to the email and
> tried to open the attachment again a message came up saying the PDF was
> corrupted and couldn't be opened?? Anyone have any ideas whats going on
> here. Just wondering if it could be a hard drive issue rather than
> Evolution? I haven't seen such weirdness with other programs however.
> Thanks for any thoughts.

Well, if you try using another mail client to read your mail and this does
not happen, then it is likely Evolution misbehaving. In that case, you would
be better off asking on the Evolution mailing list or forum. I could be
completely wrong, but I don't think many people on here use Evolution
regularly. I do not recall seeing any discussions of Evolution in years. I
think GMail has taken over ;)

You may sign up for the Evo mailing list here:

Thomas Milne