Norwegian happenings: geek connection

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 24 23:24:38 UTC 2011

No doubt people have heard about the shocking goings-on in Norway;
there is an essay by one of the young people that was there, one Tore
Bekkedal.   <http://gunkies.org/blog/?p=91>

I note that Tore is a Debian developer...
<https://alioth.debian.org/users/toresbe-guest/>

The text with which he ends his essay seems like mighty fine comment to me:

"I want to end this with a request to everyone who reads this, echoing
a statement I read by one of my good friends and comrades: Please,
don’t let me see any messages of hatred, wishes for the death penalty,
anything like that. If anyone should be of the belief that anything
will improve by murdering this sad little person, they would be
profoundly wrong. All attention now should be plowed into caring for
those victims and their relatives who did not share my luck, and not
giving an audience to a perpetrator who wants one."