About voice recording

Myles Braithwaite me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 24 15:58:55 UTC 2011

The iPhone's bidirectional mic is also used when you are using the
telephone's mic for noise cancelation. It is great for picking up a
meeting setting (i.e. a bunch of people around a table)

If you want to use it to pick up sound far away from you, you will
have to DIY a little hoody (I suggest two business card wrap around
the top of the phone) to make it a directional mic. I have used that
to pickup a lecture at the back of a conference hall before and it
worked out quite while.

Myles Braithwaite (via iPhone)