Intel SandyBridge... I don't get it.

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 30 03:25:24 UTC 2011

Michael Lauzon wrote:
> My former friend has Rogers Cable hooked up to his PC with a TV tuner
> card, and is able to record shows, etc.

At my house I get much more than basic cable using the Rogers cable tuner
box at the main TV. The TV tuner card in my PC also recieves the cable
signal without an external tuner box. I am able to watch and record any
cable channels from 2 through 70 inclusive.

With all the talk of going digital for TV broadcasts, I do wonder how the
signals on cable TV may be affected at some point. I hope Rogers won't drop
all analog signals off the cable but I don't think I would be too surprised
if I heard of plans to do that at some point. It would be a big hassle
though for people with VCR's and DVD recorders. They would need lots of
additional converter boxes and/or digital/HD tuners until the recorders come
with HD compatible tuners in them.