I/O throughput analysis

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar alexandre.alencar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 22 20:58:58 UTC 2011

First, I think you mean 15K RPM (15000 RPM) and not 1,5K RPM (1500) as of
your first message.

System B should be better than first one, just because it has more disk and
thus, RAID-0 will do better. Please note that it the RAID controller don't
handle well the RAID-0 plus RAID-1 (your RAID-10) with more disks, then
System B can suffer from controller I/O limitation.

Chunk/Stripe size should be considered carefully because it direct affects
performance and how many space you will lost...

Best Regards

Alexandre Alencar
http://blog.alexandrealencar.net/
http://www.alexandrealencar.net/