[OT] I/O panel for case/motherboard

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 18 17:52:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:02:36AM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> In the instructions for a new case it talks about what to do if your
> motherboard does not correspond exactly with the default 'I/O panel'.
> It says one should contact the manufacturer of their motherboard for a
> proper replacement.
>
> I have an Asus motherboard, so I went to the Asus site, but can find
> nothing on there about where to find these items.
>
> Anyone know where these can be obtained?

They always come in the box with the asus boards.  Have for years.

You pop it into the case in place of the old ATX standard one the cases
ship with.  Now if you move the board to another case make sure to take
the insert with you.

No board seems to use the old ATX standard I/O panel anymore, so they
all include the insert.

--
Len Sorensen