USB, Toshiba

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 18 17:20:06 UTC 2011

How it is with USB. I am aware that my question may be somewhat silly.

There is this:
/sbin/lsusb

It lists devices connected through USB.

Why sometime not all devices are listed? I noticed that twice: a sort of
USB webcam was not listed, and now I have at work an external 2 TB drive
(Toshiba) that is not listed.

I would rather think that all connected to USB ports devises should be
listed. If they could be used from Linux - thats another question, possibly.

BTW, instruction for that Toshiba external drive writes: manual is on
the disk itself. Yhm... So I would have to access the drive from windows
to read manual. Yhm... I noticed though by scanning the web that Toshiba
does rather not offer Linux support.

Anyway, any ideas if I am able to use that external USB drive?

zb/.