Suspend-to-disk

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 25 14:16:13 UTC 2011

Is there a way to get GRUB to indicate that there's a
suspended-to-disk session floating around in your swap partition?

I recently booted my netbook to Tiny Core (very interesting, but a
real PITA if you're familiar with any other Linux because its
behaviour is so different), then rebooted to Debian ... and it came up
with a suspended session I'd clearly forgotten.  Two things come
immediately to mind: Tiny Core didn't use any swap or I wouldn't have
recovered that session, and I could use two separate swap partitions
...  But I would rather GRUB kept me informed if that's possible.  Any
ideas?

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/