Software to forward to SMS/receive from SMS

Thomas Milne tbrucemilne-TcoXwbchSccMMYnvST3LeUB+6BGkLq7r at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 13 20:59:26 UTC 2011

Can anyone recommend software that lets me do fun things with SMS?
Like perhaps sending messages to and/or from my home computer, or
otherwise interacting with a home system over SMS?

At first I was just looking for a way to get e-mail to SMS, but I
found this list:

http://tuxmobil.org/phones_linux_sms.html

and some of it sounds kinda fun. Just don't want to 'trial and error'
if someone already has some experience :-)

--
TBM