UBB Cancelled

Jason Carson jason-HjkH5KTEMfuEjziKL+yzSg at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 11 20:27:16 UTC 2011

I just received some good news from TekSavvy, UBB is no more and my plan
just jumped from 200GB to 300GB. Here is a copy of the email they sent
me...

Dear TekSavvy Customer,

Because of your support and participation in reaching out to the
various MPs and the Minister of Industry we're pleased to announce
that the March 1st UBB implementation date has been suspended indefinitely.

With over 460,000 signatures having been sent to Parliament Minister
Clement and the Industry committee requested the CRTC review its
recent decision in full, which it has obliged and are now doing.Â
Until this review has occurred UBB over DSL has been completely
shelved.  Minister Clement also added they would overturn the review
should it resemble in any way to the previous outcome!

So, congratulations to all who've spoken up about this issue, you've
made a huge difference.  As a Canadian, today, I can honestly say it's
refreshing to know politicians do listen and will affect change when
the public at large shows concern!

Effective March 1st we are going to move forward and make changes to
the Usage, but we're going to make it a positive one!

We are reinstating the Unlimited package but the 200GB package will be
changed... to 300GB!  UBB is about Internet Costs, and as a result of
lower costs with our providers (Peer1, Lime Light, etc...), costs
outside our relationship with companies like Bell, we are extending
the savings on to you, the clients... Enjoy!

PS - To view your usage or receive more details on reinstated/upgraded
packages go to http://myworld.teksavvy.com. Please note that usage on
the Customer Portal is currently only available to DSL users. We are
working towards adding this option to all of our Cable users.