Ubuntu first time

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 30 18:24:01 UTC 2011

Used am to CentOS. For years.

For certain reasons I installed Ubuntu on my main desktop at home, the
latest one.

And am frustrated enourmously.

Yes, its Ubuntu Software Center works great. Unfortunately, if I wanted
to use Ubuntu at school where I have a small part time work I could not
- they have no Internet.

However, I am sick with the menu on the left. Why these icons are so
large? The idea about this menu must have been invented by an insane
Windows users, right? Why i can not add my own icons of programs to
upper horizontal menu?Where is terminal configuaration? Why do I have to
click so many times to open a terminal? Where are terminal tabs? Why I
can not change screen window with a one mouse movement and a click? Why
firefox needs a new configuration? Ughrr...