Any tips of decent web hosting companies based in Canada?

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 27 15:09:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011, Neil Watson wrote:

> Since Canada shares the same IP address pool with the US (ARIN) the SOPA
> law could affect Canadian sites.  I would expect our Conservative
> government to support the US in this.
>
> It would be safer to host your site outside of ARIN.

Hi Neil.  Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) such as ARIN simply
distribute certain Internet resources (and perform other services such as
training) as directed by their membership.

I don't see how RIRs come in to this argument at all.

Canada (and other nations) may well create legislation aligned with SOPA
but it won't have anything to do with how they source IP addreses or As
numbers.

Cheers,

Rob

--