Any tips of decent web hosting companies based in Canada?

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 27 15:15:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 01:09:28AM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
>Hi Neil.  Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) such as ARIN simply
>distribute certain Internet resources (and perform other services
>such as training) as directed by their membership.
>
>I don't see how RIRs come in to this argument at all.

Michael Geist thinks that this is possible.
http://www.thestar.com/article/1085837--geist-u-s-could-claim-millions-of-canadian-domain-names-in-piracy-battle

"Yet IP addresses are allocated by regional organizations, not national
ones. The allocation entity located in the U.S. is called ARIN, the
Americas Registry for Internet Numbers. Its territory includes the U.S.,
Canada and 20 Caribbean nations. This bill treats all IP addresses in
this region as domestic for U.S. law purposes."

--
Neil Watson
Linux/UNIX Consultant