PC Routers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 21:16:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 03:21:43PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> Based on the dumb things that people do when faced with operating,
> erm, technologies that enable room for (stupid) choices, I don't think
> it's too surprising that there'd be some network admins out there that
> would configure their systems in ways that might fill you with WTF.
> After all, programmers have some ridonkulous habits...
>
> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-Date-Array.aspx
> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/JavaScript-JSON-Parsing.aspx
> http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-WET-Cart.aspx

That last one is especially awful.

I many years ago wrote an X font selector dialog in that style.  Way too
much copy and paste and edit a few bits.  Apparently I didn't know how to
code properly yet, but hey it worked, and it only took 16000 lines of C++
(written in one day) to do it.

--
Len Sorensen