PC Routers

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 22 20:21:43 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 2:25 PM, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
>>
>> According to the network guys at the colo facility, this is something
>> they've seen with all unmanaged switches.
>
> There's something strange there.  They should work properly.  I have
> combined managed & un-managed switches and never had an issue.

Based on the dumb things that people do when faced with operating,
erm, technologies that enable room for (stupid) choices, I don't think
it's too surprising that there'd be some network admins out there that
would configure their systems in ways that might fill you with WTF.
After all, programmers have some ridonkulous habits...

http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-Date-Array.aspx
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/JavaScript-JSON-Parsing.aspx
http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-WET-Cart.aspx