Any smartphone-rooting-services and CyanogenMod installers?

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 29 16:01:53 UTC 2011

I have same phone and bought it because people have installed ubuntu on
it in a chroot. (it has enough ram to make it work).

unlocked and rooted are different. unlocked is to move to another
carrier. rooted is to install other stuff, modify rom , etc.
There is also rom update to OS and rom update to "radio". You usually
update the OS rom, and only update the "radio rom" if
you need better reception and battery life and the radio rom actual
works better.
There is a android 3.0 port to the htc desire HD (perhaps only phone
that has it), which is kind of cool as well.

-tl