13th December "Smack Down" Meeting

Lance F. Squire lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 24 21:56:08 UTC 2011

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I hate GUIs in general, so to me keyboard shortcuts are the best thing
> ever.

Then why pretend to use one and just have the terminal window open all
the time. Don't even need the ALT->F2->type then. :)

> Well actually I don't hate GUIs.  I hate pointing devices.

I've heard of people not liking mice etc. I happen to use a Trackball
,desk constraints. I'm sure many readers just winced, with the others
wondering what one is! :)

> Way too slow to work with.

Some how I find clicking 2 places vs typing 2+5 characters faster.

>> You are now in GCML. (Graphical Command Line.)
>
> My favourite.

Can't argue with that. :)

Most efficient way to work ever.

Debatable and depends on the task.