Android Phones - help with usb_modeswitch

aaron d instantkamera-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 17 21:21:18 UTC 2011

I have a hard time understanding you. Sometimes because I have no clue what
you are talking about (in the sense that the discussion is possibly over my
head), and other times, because Im certain you are as confused as I am

2G != 2 Gigahertz, it means 2nd Generation.

Im fairly certain you arent mounting your "sim card", when you connect the
phone via USb, but rather, the internal storage and/or sd storage available
to the phone.

Looking closer at what you want to accomplish, I _think_ you are talking
about USB tethering. On this I could be wrong, but this cannot be
accomplished by changing the way the PC sees the phone, it should be the
other way around. It sees the phone as addressable storage because that's
what the phone reports itself as via the usb controller.

I have a Nexus S, and, although I have never used it, it has an option for
USB tethering, that must be enabled. I can also accomplish the same task
over wi-fi (phone acts as a portable hotspot).

Try looking for these options on your phone, the usb tethering option
specifically should be what you want (I cant say 100%, since I cant test
this myself at this time).

-aaron